Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A secret, some business, a silly thing, and the quest for a lasagna recipe worthy of Garfield...

Today, I went to the park with my friend and her son.  It was a beautiful day, made even better by the fact that I now have a phone that does its job.  Namely: it remains alive for an entire day, is vaguely fashionable, allows me to surf the Internet, and has a minimum of special features.  Is anyone else concerned with the fact that phones come solely in touch-screen varieties now?  I don't mean to be old-fashioned, but the touch-screen technology isn't nearly well0developed enough yet to work properly for more than a year, and once the phone breaks, or the ridiculously-flimsy screen cracks, or the screen becomes slightly less sensitive, you're SOL and have to shell out another 300+ dollars for another stupid gadget that didn't need all these ridiculous additions to begin with.  Who cares if your phone can recognize a song it hears for thirty seconds?  I could even do without the Internet.  I have a computer, and it's virtually impossible to be completely without wifi these days.  Is it really that necessary to have facebook in the palm of your hand?  I digress.  This entire paragraph reduces to a very simple conjunctive statement: my phone works, and I am happy.

I haven't seen the bf in a few days, which upsets me slightly.  I know that we saw one another six days in a row last week and were somehow not sick of one another, and one shouldn't push it when things are going well, but I still miss him and it makes me very sad to know that I can't reach over and hold his hand whenever the fancy strikes me.  However, his presence elsewhere has allowed me to get some things done, so that's a positive.  I've officially completed three loads of laundry, accepted a business proposition, bought a bicycle (yay!!!!!), and fixed my phone.  All these things are important, and difficult to do when you have an affectionate distraction attached to your hip.  We have talked daily, sometimes multiple times, which is a vast improvement over the former state of things.  We'd dated briefly before I left for Europe, and the main issue I had with everything was the fact that we didn't communicate.  At all.  That's the problem with having friends in common, I suppose: that you end up complaining to all the same people, and news travels quickly between friends, and you secretly begin to resent each other for reasons that you can't mention because of the giant elephant in the room.  It's not like that any more.  In fact, I'm excited and very frightened by how severely non-luke-warm my feelings as they relate to him are at the moment.

Wanna see my cool bicycle?

It's super awesome!
All it needs is some streamers from the handlebars...
Okay, I'm unreasonably excited about the prospect of a bicycle that I might very well kill myself on, but it's seriously cool and pretty and awesome and will save me untold amounts of money on transportation, so bear with me.  And it's teal.  Which is obscenely BA.

At the park today, Lacey and Gregory and I played with bubbles and the fountains and spied on unbelievably immature Middle-Early High Schoolers, who decided that the children's park was a great place in which to curse like sailors and take off tops to reveal brightly-colored sports bras and take pictures for Myspace.  It was annoying, but got me to thinking about what an awkward age that is.  Right after puberty for the girls, and right

Sidenote: Watch Grey Gardens, Workaholics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's really difficult to find time to blog between life things.  I spent some more time in Greeley since typing most of this post, and am planning a strange change to my entire life.  We'll see how well it goes, but based on what I know of the Law of Attraction, I'm sure it'll be perfect.  Things will work out the way I want them to, because I know that they need to.

Speaking of things working out the way I want them to: I received e-mails from the people I interviewed with a few weeks ago asking for second interviews.  I'm extremely excited, because that's exactly what I wanted: a decently-paying job that doesn't involve an over-abundance of effort on my part.  Hopefully, they'll let me work from home, and I'll be able to do work even in Greeley and bypass a few potential issues.

I feel a little crazy, since my life is more or less revolving around my relationship.  It's difficult to think about anything else with any degree of excitement, and that's frightening.  But things work out the way they need to, and I believe that.

This title isn't particularly appropriate any more, but I was looking for a lasagna recipe to prepare while watching The Godfather.  David and I ended up watching it yesterday, but without any Italian food.  We'll have to have a marathon with excellent Italian recipes one day.

I also met his mother, her father, boyfriend, and other son the day before yesterday.  It went as well as it could've gone, all things considered.  I made bread in a shameless attempt to impress them with my homemaking skills (totally worked!) and played lots of Rummy and Durak.  Saw some baby pictures, and had a discussion or two about pure-hearted philanthropy and factory farming.  On the way back, it rained, and I realized that Greeley can actually be a pretty beautiful place.  Also, it's close to Danielle, who ate the sandwich.  She lives in Loveland.  Not that I'm stalking her or anything.  I'm not stalking her, but if we happen to meet in the same coffee shop, and strike up a conversation, and happen to become BFFs, I wouldn't object too terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment