Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Germany Adventure--first post, all about the trip

Hello! This is the first of hopefully many consistent updates regarding Casey's and my trip around Europe. Over three years since the last trip and here we go again with adventures in backpacking, couchsurfing, staying at some B&Bs and possibly a hostel or two if we get super desperate.

I write this over a breakfast of grechka and hemp milk, otherwise known as the last of the perishable food in my fridge. I will be gone for 3 weeks so anything that isn't consumed now, later today, or tomorrow morning is probably doomed to fester and create new forms of life in my depressingly empty refrigeration unit. I have about twenty minutes before I have to be at work so I'll keep this short.

Here is our itinerary:

Amsterdam
Oldenberg
Berlin
Leipzig
Praha
Wien
Munchen
Koln
Amsterdam

America! 

As you can see, it's quite packed and ambitious. The rail passes are here, the tickets are bought, and I still have to pack/buy host gifts for the cities where we're staying on couches with hosts. Hopefully, the experience will be as excellent and exciting as the first one. So far, we have hosts in three cities, air bnb reservations for two. 

Stay posted and if you want postcards/specific souvenirs, text or pm me. 

Danke shon, bitte shon, tschuss,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment